EATGN is a collaborative initiative of regional civil society organisations (CSOs) with diverse interests on tax issues within the region due to a conscious need for a greater understanding of taxation, tax justice and public financial management issues within the EAC. Taxation is central to growth and development particularly in the EAC and has therefore become the central feature of integration after the operationalisation of the East African Common Market in July 2010.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a three- year Strategic Plan to ensure that EATGN rejuvenates its programing and activities over the period 2019-2021.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
- Review the vision and mission based on EATGN mandate.
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis.
- Undertake a situation analysis of EATGN operations to date.
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same.
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the EATGN mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any.
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results.
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period.
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan.
- Finalise Strategic plan and submit to EATGN.
At least a Master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy or development studies.
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management.
- Prior working experience on decentralization issues is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Civil Society actors and other stakeholders in development programs especially in the area of capacity development.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proposal for implementing the assignment.
Please quote “Strategic Plan – EATGN” on the subject line.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy sent to email@example.com to reach us not later than Thursday, 8 June 2018 at 5.00 P.M EAT.
More details here.